Thursday 21 April 2016

BA1B task 4 (part 2)

After I was satisfied with the amount of damage I had applied to the pillar, I saved the current state the pillar was in (high_poly model) so that I could decimate the pillar down so that it has less than 10 thousand faces and retains similar geometry (low_poly model). After I had completed those stages. I imported my low and high poly models back onto Maya on separate layers, however I had to additionally create a cage for my model to bake in ( the cage is a transparent copy of the low poly model that covers both the low and high poly models but has to have the same topology)This also involved unwrapping the low poly model by planar mapping each of the UV shells and unfolding them to take sure that they are flat. . The next stage of the process was to import all 3 models from maya into Xnormal so that I can create a Normal, ambient occlusion and a roughness map for my pillar.


The last stage of the process was to import the Pillar into the Unreal 4 Engine, so I can show how it would look like in a game scenario. After importing the low poly model in, I had to attach all the maps to it so it can look detailed in the game engine.





No comments:

Post a Comment