Thursday 21 April 2016

BA1B task 4


















For this task assigned the task of creating a pillar- as simple or complex as we wanted it and then UV map it and bake a normal and an ambient occlusion map. Since I was was into the series 'Vikings' at the time, I decided to base my pillar on a ancient Nordic monument known as an Irminsul. I kept my Pillar design fairly simple so that I could spend more time focusing on the damaged detail and the worn out rock textures. To do this, I imported the pillar into Zbrush and started making organic detail using the dynamic trim brush, changing the stroke from freehand to scattered dots to get various roughness effects. I referenced my damage to existing warn out rocks to get a more realistic texture. After that I finished it off by applying some scratches and added 'Noise' to model so that the particles ad further damage to the pillar.





















No comments:

Post a Comment