Friday 13 November 2015

Character Silhouettes

For my final project for this unit, we had to visualize a character from Hans Christian Andersen's "The Tinderbox"in the style of a particular era. I was assigned the Georgian Era (1714-1837). After reading the story and listening to the audio book, the character we I could visualize the most was the main character- The soldier, so I decided to conceptualize him. Since the character is portrayed as a greedy person who desperately wants money and fame but can lose it easily. I imagined the soldier in a low ranking position in the army, hence the eagerness to rise to royalty. My particular focus has been on Napoleonic foot soldiers such as one from Sharpe's Rifles. Since they spent most of their time fighting abroad and walking long distances, this would fit in well to the start of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment